29 May 2006

Wheee!!! may rings na kami :) we paid the DP last Saturday. After going around several wedding ring suppliers, we came back to Suarez Wedding Rings... kahit maaga pa (although there is no such thing as too early when it comes to wedding preps hehe), we decided to purchase our rings na. The price of gold never goes down, laging pataas lang kaya better to purchase earlier bago maapektuhan ulit ng price increase!!!

We chose a two-toned (matte WG sa gitna with thin YG linings on both sides) wedding band, no stones. I don't want to have stones on my wedding ring...I'll be wearing it everyday and ever since that hold-up incident, paranoia almost always sneaks in when I'm commuting. Besides, I tend to get a bit careless, alala ko nung bata ako laging nawawala ung bato sa earrings ko, don't want that to happen with my wedding ring :) the good thing about it is that pwedeng hulugan ung payment for the rings...we have until December to complete the payment!

Also went by the Bridal Factory along Guadalupe (EDSA) and inquired about their rates for making gowns as well as barongs. Lawrence and Rhoda (the owners) were so nice, nakakatuwa, i could have booked with them then and there based only on how we clicked and on their great customer-oriented skills kaso syempre, unting pakipot muna hehehe. I brought a picture of the dress I wanted (which I posted here earlier) and they made me try out ready-made gowns that were closest to what I wanted. Jason, their resident designer, also gave some suggestions on how we can improve on the design to ehem disguise my not-so-small waistline. And it works! Mas maganda nga ung effect nung draped design/effect along the waistline...optical illusion talaga! hahaha!

After choosing the design I wanted and the cut (princess cut, tube) as well as the color of the cloth (white bridal satin -- which is much cheaper than duchess satin BTW AND as the detergent bar ad goes...singganda pero di singmahal *or something like that*), Jason designed a gown for me...we already have the quote but we didn't book yet...will call/visit them na lang once Albert comes home from his trip (which will be in about 3 weeks time). Tutal, November pa naman daw first fitting ko if ever...

As for the barongs, they also make barongs (and sell them as a set with pants na)...they showed us piƱa barongs pero parang di ko type (*as if ako ang magsusuot*) kasi parang ang dark (brown na nga yung kulay) tsaka parang ang gaspang...AT mas mahal pa! I prefer jusi barongs, accdg to mama nga..."mas neat" daw tingnan...

side kwentos:

  • Kakaiba ung feeling nung sinusukat ko yung mga ready-made gowns nila dun. Basta di ko ma-describe, kinabahan ako bigla na parang me butterflies sa stomach :P seeing yourself in the mirror wearing a wedding gown...the feeling's indescribable, basta... natatawa nga si Albert e...
  • I tried on 3 different gowns, each with a different specification in terms of accent. I was asking Albert which one he thinks is okay (oks lang makita nya, di pa naman yun ung talagang gown ko...pero syempre pag ung final na, secret muna yun, surprise sa kanya hehehe), sabi lang...di ko alam...pero bakit parang makinang ung mata nya? hahaha! Or was I just imagining things?
  • Nung tinanong ko sya how he felt when he saw me wearing the gown, naisip nya daw..."Si Bakekang ko..." hehehe :"> awww....wala lang, na-touch ako kahit tinawag nya akong Bakekang hahaha...

That's it..my update for our productive weekend :) as for Bonsai Garden, we are about 85% fixed on booking it but would still like to look for alternatives (within UP pa rin)...siguro pagbalik na rin ni Albert pohon...

No comments: