I've just come back from about a week's vacation in Davao...bitin at mejo naho-homesick pa ako (hehe, kahit since college e malayo na talaga ako sa family ko, I still feel homesick especially pag kagagaling ko lang dun). Kaso back to work na kelangan...
It's my last Christmas as a single woman, hopefully we'll still be able to go home to Davao for the holidays after we get married. Spent it with my family and Auntie Belen (mama's youngest sis) and her family. Ang kulit-kulit ni Jermaine (my cuz) at ang cute. Sobrang lovable at smart na bata...can't wait to see him again this Feb, he'll be our ring bearer.
Since firecrackers/fireworks are banned in Davao (since 2003 pa ata), the holidays are relatively more quiet than other provinces :) Although during New Year, we made noise with all the can-banging, car horn blaring, coin-jingling that we did :) ang saya! the things we do to make up for what we lack...maingay pa rin naman...safe pa :)
According to our ticker, we have 1 month and 5 days to go...that translates to 5 weekends before our big day...but technically, 4 na lang since my family will be arriving on Feb 3. Will be on leave for 2 weeks starting Feb 5 (I've made that clear since I started working here last Aug, payag naman sila...leave without pay naman e hehe).
Getting more excited everyday...and panicky as well...
Some accomplishments during the break:
- completed our church document requirements - for submission this weekend
- distributed invitations to Davao-based guests & some Manila-based (c/o Albert hehe)
- booked van for the day (still contemplating whether to book another van)
- saw our souvenirs as well as gifts for sponsors, all DIY by my ever-creative mama - ang ganda! (syempre love your own)...I was able to help with the sponsors gifts kasi ung souvenirs, gawa na nya lahat hehehe. Sayang I forgot to take a picture of it. Saka na lang...
As to the other items:
- will have my fitting (super postponed) this saturday - confirmed na by Ms Rhoda of Bridal Factory, sabay na with MOG, 2 abays and 1 ninang and Albert
- will have my shoe size measured this saturday
- hopefully our rings will be available this saturday na rin - unting vent, mejo kakainis Suarez. We ordered May pa kasi and it was noted in our contract to hold it till June but we gave a go na last November. Due date provided was Dec 15. Naka-2 visits na kami before the holidays at sabi wala pa raw baka daw sa next shipment meron na, they'll just inform us. Kaso nung dumaan ulit si Albert last Dec 30, wala pa rin!!! Nagalit na si Albert (groom-zilla haha) at sinabing dapat nung unang visit pa lang namin ni-follow up nyo na kasi Dec15 nga ung binigay na due date, etc etc. So Cristy called their Cebu office and due date given was Jan 11 pa. Sabi ni Albert, pwede bang ipa-rush to have it on Jan 6? (demanding!) Pwede daw...so this saturday, we'll see...
- Finalize/sign contract with Hizon's - this saturday din.
- submit church documents and have misalette checked - this weekend (sobrang hectic ang coming weekend ha!)
- go to baclaran to buy barong for kids - this weekend :D
Yung iba, next update na lang...since di pa naman this weekend ang sked nila hehe.