CONTACT: Lyn (0927 6594460)
- Learned about Lyn from my cousin who works at ABS-CBN. She’s a very fast worker, sanay kasi she’s a resident make-up artist for Maalaala Mo Kaya so sanay sa mabilisan pero pulidong trabaho
- Very prompt
FLORIST: Ma. Coleen Flower Shop
DESCRIPTION: Bride’s bouquet – yellow calla lilies with morning star flowers; assorted malaysian mums, roses and other flowers for the entourage, SS – wrist corsages; ninangs – mini bouquets; mothers – mini bouquets, boutonnaires for Albert, fathers, ninongs; flower girls – headdress composed of assorted malaysian mums, roses and other flowers + aluminum pail with same assorted flowers
Freebies: loose petals, throw-away bouquet, offertory flowers and baskets, bridal car flowers, free delivery
CONTACT: Juanita (0928 6105217) – Stall#12, Dangwa
- Very accommodating
- Sobrang daming loose petals ung binigay nya, di nga namin naubos e :)
- Initial usapan was that she’ll give us the offertory flowers in lieu of the bridal car flower (which was the standard freebie), but on the day, she gave us both for free
- We used the bridal car flowers from our florist kahit meron nang kasama ung sa Hizon’s. I’m not sure kung ano itsura nung sa Hizon’s because I saw in W@Wie Sis CheChe’s (ni Tantan) ratings yung sobrang tinipid na flowers na kasama ng bridal car nila.
- My bouquet had 1-2 flowers which had edges that were starting to brown (through very unti lang naman at hindi ganong halata)
- The boutonnaires were over sa laki, halos di na kita ung parang dahon na usually kasama ng flower. Loi and his team just took out the outermost petals para lumiit sya ng unti and it worked!
STRINGS: Stradavarius String Ensemble
DESCRIPTION: String trio (flute, violin, keyboards) + male vocalist
CONTACT: Jojo Castro (0917 9705544)
- Recommended by W@Wie sis Ade Sy, we listened to them play at another couple’s wedding in Don Bosco and decided to book them
- Jojo Castro is very accommodating and even gave tips/suggestions pa for your day. He can recommend other wedding suppliers pa kung sakaling wala pa kayong na-book :)
- No hassles at all when we gave them our songlist and we even requested one song na wala sa repertoire nila, ok lang din sa kanila (siguro na rin dahil madali lang naman ung song na L.O.V.E. hehe)
- Very prompt in their replies and as far as I remember (although mejo lutang na rin ako at di na talaga na-savor ung songs), the songs we selected were performed naman
- Jojo even dropped by during our reception (walking distance lang naman din sila from Bulwagang Claret) and even greeted us. The next day we texted him to thank him and his group for sharing their talents with us and he replied that he was touched din daw with Papa’s speech, great words of advice daw. Really glad because he made the extra effort to drop by our reception pa.
- The Our Father was beautifully sang talaga! Feel na feel mo ung solemnity ng song…
PREPS: StoneHouse Apartelle
DESCRIPTION: Penthouse – 2 rooms (air-conditioned with T&B, TV, personal ref) + common small receiving area + kitchen; Bahay – composed of the Presidential Suite (na sobrang laki), Junior Suite and Executive Suite + common living room, dining room, kitchen
- Very very spacious. Since we practically had the whole 5th floor to ourselves, talagang malaki ang space. No problem to accommodate all the people who’d be there on your wedding day. Since it’s located on the 5th floor (and the 6th flr is only the rooftop), we didn’t worry na baka maligaw dun ung ibang hotel guests.
- Very photogenic, if only it wasn’t hard to go up the rooftop with my gown on, nice photo opportunity sana un!
- Cheaper compared to other hotels at mas malaki pa yung space!
- You can cook your own meals, they have plates and utensils you can use. There was a ref for the common use of the Bahay but there was another one inside the PS. The Penthouse had its own ref as well. The Bahay also has a chamber maid who was very accommodating and friendly.
- If you’re looking for a nice hotel façade and winding staircases, this is not the place for you. Because it doesn’t have any ounce of hotel façade to it :) Star Tavern Bar pa yung sa baba nila, parang drive in pa nga. BUT AGAIN, don’t judge the book by its cover kasi pag nakita mo yung accommodations on the 5th floor, di bale nang walang façade! :P
- The ladies at the reception counter are not that smiling at mejo masungit pa ang tono pag sa phone mo nakakausap but when you get to talk to them mababait naman.
TRANSPORTATION/VAN: Sir Ruel c/o W@Wie sis Cris Asparo
DESCRIPTION: Starex and Pregio vans for 10 hours
CONTACT: Ruel (0917 7935529)
- grabe, love namin itong si Sir Ruel! Truly a great find…many thanks to sis Cris for her recommendation
- very courteous and accommodating, daling kausap kahit pabalik-balik sila from Bulwagan to Marikina to Proj. 8 tapos back to Bulwagan then to Stone House
DIYs and GIFTS:
BIBLE: gift from Che’s parents
DESCRIPTION: NRSV for Catholics…contains pages wherein you can fill in your history of receiving the Sacraments like Baptismal date/place, 1st Communion, Confirmation, Matrimony + Family information from your grandparents to your parents then later on for your children and grandchildren. It’s really nice because it’s meant to be handed on…it’s also very handy, wouldn’t be hard for your bible bearer to carry :P
UNITY CANDLE: gift from Kuya Ba and Diane
Candles for lighting: DIY by Che’s Mama
Matches kakikayan: DIY by Che’s Mama
DESCRIPTION: See pictures na lang…
ARRHAE: Holder bought in Davao, coins were quarters from Albert’s travel
DESCRIPTION: See pic na lang
- Kuya Ba (Albert’s bro and his Best Man) and his wife Diane offered to give us the Unity Candle kasi according to them the Unity Candle should be a gift daw from another married couple (syempre nakinig lang din ako :P)
- The candles and matches were pahabol na request for Mama kasi gawa na nya ung souvenirs before we realized na kelangan pa pala namin ito :P Mama is really very creative and mahilig magbubusisi ng kung anu-ano (if you’d only see our house sa Davao!) and I know she enjoyed making these abubots as well. Labor of love for her only daughter hehehe…
MISALETTES: DIY by us. (Thanks to Sis Ann for a copy of the misalette na arranged na)
DESCRIPTION: We made 30 pcs of the misalette and used blue scented board paper as cover, cover photo and pages photocopied at UP Shopping Center, bound using hand-tied ribbon at the center.
RESOURCES: board papers from NBS, ribbon also from NBS, photocopying services at UP Shopping Center
- It’s fun to work on something from scratch for your wedding :) although mejo kumunot ang noo ko dahil hindi ko mai-print nang maayos ung body ng misalette at hindi ko maisip kung ano kayang ilalagay sa cover, nagawa naman namin hehe
- It’s a bonding opportunity for you…ako taga-puncher, si Albert ang nagfo-fold ng pages, ako naman ang nagtali ng ribbon hehehe
DESCRIPTION: See pic na langSPONSORS’ GIFTS:
Ninongs: Scotch glasses packaging DIY c/o Che’s Mama CocoVino from SM’s Kultura
Ninangs: Luminarc wine glasses packaging DIY c/o Che’s Mama
Mini- Devil’s Food Cake from Chocolate Kiss (UP Bahay ng Alumni)
CONTACT: Chocolate Kiss – 2F Bahay ng Alumni, UP Diliman
- I’ll just rate those items that were bought…kasi syempre ung mga DIY ni Mama, the best yun! :) the CocoVino looked very Pinoy kasi yung packaging coconut shell din ung pinaglagyan. We initially planned to just buy wines then place in sinamay bags. However, when we saw these at SM, we decided na ito na. Para naman maiba sya from the usual wine gifts – sabi nga namin, kung di nila iinumin, pwede pa rin nilang I-display kasi maganda naman sya :)
- Devil’s Food Cake from Chocolate Kiss = YUM! Kahit nung nasa UP pa kami, gustung-gusto naming kumain sa Chocolate Kiss (basta't me pera) because of the ambience, the food and their cakes! Around Christmas time last year, we had lunch there and we saw that they were selling mini-cakes pala. So me light bulb na namang sumindi sa utak ni Che and we decided na we’ll give this to our ninangs :)
HONEYMOON: Panglao PALakbayan Package + Bohol Day Tour
DESCRIPTION: PALakbayan package Includes round-trip airfare via PAL Fiesta Class, 4D&3N Air-conditioned accommodation at Alona Tropical Beach resort with free breakfast, airport transfers; Bohol Day Tour was personally arranged and included the ff. Sites: Chocolate Hills, Baclayon church and museum, Giant python, Hanging bridge, Tarsiers, Loboc River cruise + buffet lunch, Blood compact, Man-made forest, Loboc cave
CONTACT: PAL reservation 855-8888; Bohol day tour – Rod (0918 5914969)
- Hassle-free because the accommodations and airfare were already part of the package
- Great beach – powder-fine white sand, clear water! Breakfast was very filling – I had American breakfast for 3 days and everytime sobrang busog ako
- Unti lang ang tao and mostly foreigners so we practically had the beach to ourselves (meaning walang maraming usisero)
- Very accommodating people. We chose not to inform agad that I knew Cebuano because I wanted to see how they would react (bad ba?), mabait pa rin naman sila and helpful. But of course when I speak to them in Cebuano, mas warm pa nang unti :P
- We would have preferred better accommodations :P we were actually surprised that our room didn’t have television because we really expected to have one but then of course, we realized that we didn’t go to Panglao just to watch TV so oks lang din hehe
- The tap water in Panglao Island is salty so it was hard for me to brush my teeth parang ayaw ko na nga magmumog kasi maalat nga ang tubig :P
- Maraming foreigners, ergo, mejo me kamahalan ang pagkain
- Panglao is about 18kms from Tagbilaran so it was quite hard (at expensive) if you want to go to Tagbilaran. One-way on tricycle costs P200 and P300 on taxi except when you’re lucky (like us) and chance upon a tricycle who’s really on the way to Tagbilaran and you get charged for only P25! Local transport (imagine a small bus – smaller than those plying Baclaran-Kawit route) where you can squeeze in ~25 people (ung iba Top Load :P) only travels on an hourly basis…at yung travel time pa is almost an hour considering all the stops.
Note: Kahit marami kaming komentaryo dito, we really enjoyed our trip basically because we love travelling together!
That's it! Natapos din hehehe...
More pictures to be uploaded in our Multiply site as soon as we've chosen the pics - sobrang dami talaga hehehe... here's our site:
http://albertandche.multiply.com (pun not intended po hehe)