25 May 2009

After I was done with my not-so-humongous (well, not as high as last week's) pile of laundry last Saturday, I finally got the chance to watch movies and some episodes of Chuck (the TV series). I watched Twilight (I know! Just now!), got midway through Baler (had to stop because Ethan was asking for dede), and Confessions of a Shopaholic (Again, yes, just now!).

Honestly, I found Twilight (the movie) to be boring as opposed to the book. I mean, yes, there were a lot of sappy parts in the book wherein Bella was just waxing romantic over everything and anything about Edward but the movie...was just too boring for me. I don't know, I just didn't enjoy it as much as I liked the book.

Then, Confessions of a Shopaholic. Hmm, what can I say but...was it really based on the book? I read the book, and there were about a million (okay, exagg) details that were different in the movie. Becky was the same annoying shopaholic (sorry, I find her annoying because she just couldn't help herself and buy all those stuff that she didn't need while she was neck-deep in debt. Sheesh, doesn't she think?! Oops, that's the frugal side of me, unleashed!) but Luke became a different person. And Alicia Longlegs wasn't gunning for Luke at all (at least in the book)! It was more of her being a freak and a snob but it was about her job and not Luke.

Now Baler, this would be half-baked (as I haven't watched the whole film yet) but I find Anne Curtis's intonation very not-Filipino :P In fact, it would be easier for me to believe that Jericho was the pure Filipino and Anne the half-Spanish character. Hmm..baka naman may twist? Hahaha. Let's see.

At least, Chuck was great! I was again intrigued by the plot and can't wait to finish the last 2 episodes of Season 2. Hope I can still watch it tonight :)

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movies (except for Twilight pala). Just couldn't help but comment. By the way, in between movies, aside from checking on the washing machine, I was playing Text Twist...that one, it still brings me to an all-time high even if I play it again and again and again.

Was a great weekend for me, hope it was the same for you! :)

1 comment:

BabyPink said...

i haven't seen any of the three movies you watched and half-watched. and, i'm not sorry. hehehe:)