We have an abundance of Nutella in the house :) We had a large jar (almost empty) and two unopened medium-sized jars. So, I was searching for recipes that would make use of Nutella.
I found two which I felt was quite easy to follow. This is one of them. The other is the No Knead Nutella and Roasted Hazelnut Challah, which I hope to make soon.
Self Frosting Nutella Cupcake
from Pinoy Cook
140g butter, softened to room temperature (about 1 1/2 sticks)
3/4 cup white sugar
3 eggs, at room temperature
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
9-12 (depends on how many muffins per pan) heaping tsps of Nutella, at room temperature
1. Preheat oven to 325F.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. Place sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl. With a wire whisk or mixer, beat butter and sugar together. Beat until mixture is light and creamy.
4. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
5. Add flour mixture and mix until batter is smooth (hardly pourable).
6. Line muffin pan with paper cups.
7. Use an ice cream scoop to fill pans until 3/4 full.
8. Top with a heaping teaspoon of Nutella. Take a toothpick, dip into unbaked cupcake until tip hits bottom of pan. Swirl Nutella with batter so that some batter comes on top of Nutella.
9. Bake in a preheated 325F oven for exactly 20 minutes.
It was a very straight-forward recipe which you can easily follow and it yields yummy cupcakes :) If you want it a bit more moist, perhaps you can add in some more butter or mix in some oil.