29 June 2010

Random

Can you read my mind?
Do you know what it is that you do to me...
...Here I am, like a kid out of school
Holding hands...

If you know that song, then most probably we belong to the same generation (or you're a bit older). That's the theme song for Superman.

I heard it when we passed by the SLEX toll gate on our way to work this morning. It brought back memories - of being a kid, watching Superman and seeing my aunts swoon over Christopher Reeve (wait, was it Lloyd Samartino who was the local counterpart? Hahaha).

It reminded me of a time when everything's all fine and dandy, no cares in the world. It reminded me of playing on the streets where I was always a salingpusa because I was the youngest kid in our block; of watching Batibot and Thundercats, He-man and She-ra, Silverhawks, Rainbow Brite, and Smurfs. I also remember hearing the Angelus on the radio at 6PM which obviously signals that all kids should be inside the house, otherwise you might hit a being who's not like us :P

Ahhh...the joys of being a kid; being carefree and happy. I just wish my little boy would be able to experience playing on the streets with our neighbors - patintero, tumbang preso, shato, agawan base, etc.

BTW, I asked A whether there was someone who portrayed Superman before Christopher Reeve because he is the one who sticks to my mind, and he said that Reeve's dad also played the part. How sure? I don't know...nanggu-goodtime na naman siguro tong asawa ko hehe. Mai-Google nga.

No comments: