We were stuck in the office until around 4PM, the higher-ups decided to let us go home earlier than usual since we couldn't do anything anyway. Buti na lang hindi ganun kahirap ung byahe, I was expecting to be stuck in SLEX until whatever-time-may-be but surprisingly, I was home by 8PM. Came home to a pitch black house (waaahhh! nauna ako sa mga housemates kong dumating), luckily may water pa. Was able to cook dinner and wash the plates, brush my teeth! Didn't have a hard time sleeping kahit walang electric fan, opened the windows at parang naka-aircon sa lamig! hahaha...
I believe that was the strongest typhoon that I experienced ever since I came to Manila in 1996...ayun nga ba? *headscratch* pero ibang-iba ung itsura ng paligid after Milenyo. I, in fact, felt sad seeing the trees all bent, most with several broken branches, some uprooted. Fallen billboards...and the news reports! In one report, I even saw a refrigerator being blown by the wind! Probably the Lord felt we needed some cleansing? I was getting scared that there would be a typhoon on our wedding day and I really prayed that our wedding day would be clear or if it would rain, please please let it be a drizzle only (selfish ba?)...
It has come to my attention (haha! parang school principal)...anyway, no significant updates pa kami about our wedding preps..and look at our ticker...
This weekend we'll be wedding crashers *eherm* to hear Stradivarius String Ensemble play in someone's wedding...to the couple who's going to get married at Don Bosco Church, 4PM Sept 30...oh please, please forgive us! We promise to be really really silent..and promise, we won't gate crash your reception (though we know where it will be as well *sigh*). We just want to hear these guys play so we can decide whether to book them or what *grin*
Siguro din kaya hindi ako masyadong panic-mode (pa) ay dahil karamihan ng major suppliers naman ay booked na. Teka, isang rundown pa nga (have to limit these lists, otherwise panay listahan ang blog na ito haha)...
1. church: Twin Hearts - paid DP, canonical interview Nov14, Pre-cana: Nov18
2. reception: Bulwagang Claret - paid 50%, balance OTD
3. caterer: Hizon's - paid DP, contract and semi-finalize *grin* details by Nov
4. couturier: Ysabelle Bridal Factory - paid DP, will have our fitting by Oct
5. parent's attire - MOG at Bridal factory, MOB will have it made in Davao.
6. entourage clothes - bought tela for abays, for distribution
7. rings: Suarez - paid DP, will have final fitting by Dec before they make the rings
8. photo/video : Kenneth Uy - paid DP, will finalize details by Oct7
Che - DONE (birth, baptismal, confirmation, CENOMAR)
Albert - DONE (birth, baptismal, CENOMAR); NEED confirmation certif
Other docs - application for marriage license by Nov/Dec
10. OTD coordinator: Loi Villarama - paid DP
11. transportation: tickets for my family have been booked (Dvo-Mla-Dvo)
12. souvenirs: DIY by my mother dear - almost done
1. flowers - c/o Albert's Kuya Ba, will go to Dangwa by Oct
2. musicians - c/o Albert's Kuya Abet, considering Strad String, listening session Sept30
3. HMUA - sked THMU with my cousin's contact by Oct
4. invitations - contact VProjekt, Ms. Trina to provide samples by next week, should be distributed by Dec/Jan
5. hotel for preps - considering Stone House, need to visit to finalize
6. accessories - both for me and Albert
7. Barongs for male ento and FOG, FOB
8. RTW dresses for FGs
9. souvenirs - buy chocos for the souvenirs
10. Albert's confirmation certificate
11. Marriage license
12. songlist - will be done once we've chosen our musicians *oo nga naman!*
13. missalette - DIY
14. prenup photos - to be sked in sync with THMU
15. unity candle - no idea where to look for this...look into W@W's directory *nuninuninu*
HANOPABA? If you find anything lacking, please do comment to remind me. Thanks in advance!
Whew! dami pa pala...oks lang yan. Slowly but surely...and as everybody keeps on reminding me...enjoy the process!!!