19 February 2007

Wedding kwentos Part I

Ei! Going back to work after my 2-week break is tough hehehe. Though a definite upper was a text message from Albert this morning on my way to work…

“Gumownin mrs. piggy (note: term of endearment daw, Mr. Piggy naman tawag ko sa kanya)! 1st day at work as mrs pigy. Hope u hv a nys day. I love u!”

It’s been great waking up with a good morning kiss everyday :)

Anyhoo…here’s our wedding kwento (as far as those I remember hehe)…


Feb. 3

We had our final fitting at Ysabelle. Mukhang effective ang aking half-rice-at-lunch-no-rice-for-dinner diet kasi lumuwag ang aking gown! Although it might be due to the last-leg stress na rin :P After our fitting, I went to my dentist to have my braces removed (for the meantime, they’re back now *sigh*) and my teeth cleaned to have that nice smile on our day :) Afterwards, Albert and I went to NAIA to meet my parents, 2 titas and 1 cutie-cutie cousin. Grabe, kakatuwa ung pinsan ko, ang cute talaga! As soon as we saw him, he immediately hugged and kissed me then said “Ate Cheryll, nandito na tayo sa Manina!” Hehehe…

They stayed in Alabang with us for a week kaya ang saya sa bahay kasi maingay! :) And it was a great bonus to have a cute little kid greet you good morning and good night everyday…ang sarap pa ng hugs and kisses ni Jermaine! Hay nami-miss ko tuloy si Kulokoy…

The next few days were just usual visit with my 2 titos na based in Cavite and Alabang so jump na tayo sa…

Feb. 7

We initially planned to just take a taxi from Alabang to StoneHouse (in E.Rod) but upon calculating the cost of taking 2 taxis, we decided to just rent Ruel’s van on this day as well (we’ve booked his 2 vans for Feb 8 already). Sulit rin kasi we picked up the gowns from Ysabelle, went to StoneHouse to check in, then Papa and Mama went to SM North to buy last minute stuff, then off to NAIA they went to pick up my brothers and 1 ninang. Ruel was a really great supplier, very easy to talk to and very polite! Basta tuwang-tuwa kami sa kanya, great referral from a fellow W@Wie, Cris (thanks Sis!).

While everyone was busy with the last minute stuff, Albert and I went to Twin Hearts to check on the details of the marriage contract (to make sure no typo errors, etc) and have our confession. God is really with us kasi saktong-sakto lang kami sa sked for confession…because their sked is only on Wed and Fri! Buti na lang…

We also wanted to have our massage in order to relax…plan sana naming dun sa isang spa sa Gateway Cubao kaso di nila kami ma-accommodate (after an hour pa daw! Imagine this was at 7pm already and we still have to meet with our coordinators by 9pm at StoneHouse). Buti na lang me number si Albert ng Asian Massage (but based in Marikina) and they were able to arrive at StoneHouse around 8:15pm na. Mejo delayed na kami sa aming sked hehehe…but it was worth it…nakatulog kami pareho while we had our massage.

Pagkagising, saktong dating nila Papa from the airport pati na rin sina Ella (OTD). So went through the details, had dinner pa, kwento-kwento…in short, I was able to sleep at midnight na! Despite the several reminders from coordinators and friends na beauty rest na daw hehehe…

Before I went to sleep, got another text message from Albert (he was staying in StoneHouse, same floor but in the PentHouse while we were in the Suites)… “Gud nyt ms cheryll mahinay. Relax n swip tyt. C u 2mowow. I love u!” :)

On the day…Feb 8

Good morning, world! This is it, our big day :)

Said a short prayer of thanks to the Lord then had breakfast (woke up a little past 7). It was my parents’ 29th wedding anniversary (yup, we’ll be sharing our wedding anniversaries!) and seeing them greet each other as loving as I’ve always seen them since I was little, it is inspiring :)

Had a heavy breakfast, kahit wala akong gana (sa excitement) pinilit ko pa rin kasi alam kong magugutom lang ako kung hindi ako kakain nang marami. We were not really pressed for time because the first supplier is due to arrive at 9am pa so I was able to take a bath nang hindi nagmamadali (mejo cold nga lang ung water kasi di gumana ung heater nung bathroom ng Presidential Suite :( but still it made me refreshed!).

By 8:30 I was quite surprised to see Ms. Gina (from Ysabelle) who brought the steamer in order to get rid of the wrinkles on my gown. Supposedly 9am pa dating nya pero sinabay na daw siya ni Lawrence so napaaga sya :) Sharing a common language (Cebuano), she was very accommodating and ended up steaming all the gowns/barongs that we used (kahit ung mga hindi gawa sa Ysabelle)! Ang bait, talga :)

Lyn (HMUA) arrived at 9am and immediately went to work on my hair. Since taga-ABS-CBN (resident make up artist ng Maalaala Mo Kaya), sanay sa mabilis but pulidong trabaho. Kaya as soon as my hair was done, I had to ask her to work on Mama’s hair first (otherwise, sobrang aga kong naka-make up hahaha).

A while later, Kenneth Uy and his crew (Jaime, Jerson, Gerard, Jun and Mitch na makulit) arrived! So I had to go back to Lyn and have my make up done na rin. Ang kukulit nila, lalo na si Mitch tapos dumating na rin si Lari (one of our coordinators) so lalong nagkaroon nang kakulitan hehehe. Habang nagme-make up, kuha nang kuha ng pics sina Kenneth, Jaime at Jerson (we only booked 2 photographers pero 3 silang dumating!). In fact ang dami nga naming photographers nun kasi si Mike (Kuya Ba’s friend) also came with his camera (yet to request copies of the pics he took though!). So imagine ung ngawit ng pag-smile…siguro napapagod na nga kaya humihirit tuloy si Mitch na “Yung ngiting ikakasal, hindi ung mag-de-debut!” effective naman kasi napaptawa talaga ako :)

Halos sabay-sabay na rin ung dating ng family ni Albert, pati mga pinsan nya at pamangkin. So quick lunch, unti lang kinain ko kasi pilit na naman ulit hehe…after that, picture taking na. The guys started with Albert muna so ako nuninuninu muna…helping with the other stuff that needs to be done. Sabi nga nina Kuya Ba at Dianne, upo na lang daw ako dun sa isang sulok at wag na mag-worry. To which I replied “Mas di ko kayang umupo na lang sa sulok, kelangang me ginagawa ako hehehe”.

BTW, all throughout that morning, di ako nakaramdam talaga ng wedding jitters...ung kaba? Wala. Kaso nung si Albert ung nagpo-photo session, nilapitan ako ni Lari and had me read our misalette...nung binabasa ko na lalo na ung vows part, dun ako kinabahan na hahaha! Saka lang ako nagka-butterflies sa tyan...

Yung flowers pala dumating while I was having my make up done, si Albert na rin ang nag-receive pati ung tita ko. The flowers were nice, not naman exceptional :) but I really liked yung pail ng flower girls kasi ang cute ng flowers. Pati na rin syempre ung bouquet ko which was made of yellow calla lilies with Morning star flowers as accent. Downside lang siguro was that mejo merong lanta na unti dun sa ilan (siguro mga 2 lang naman) na flowers, me nag-brown pero very slight so no problem :)

Sina Kenneth grabe, talagang dumadapa sa floor just to take nice angles of the souvenirs and other wedding paraphernalia.. basta, sobrang dami ng pics namin…from preps, to the church and reception naka-3 dvds ung lahat ng pix! Di pa nga namin tapos I-view ni Albert at mamimili pa kami nyan hehehe…

(hay sobrang haba na nito next entry ko na lang ung pagdating na sa church, during the ceremony and the reception :) )

No comments: