No, I haven't tried making it yet but I do want to try, hence, this post.
Apologies for the pictures, I just took it with my phone's camera.
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup mixed dried fruits
1 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp honey
3/4 cup chopped nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and line a 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Sift together flour, salt, ground cinnamon and baking powder. Divide in half.
3. Dredge dried fruits in half of the flour mixture.
4. In a bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Add honey, then stir in remaining flour mixture. Fold in dried fruits and nuts.
5. Transfer mixture to prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Cool before slicing into bars.
FOOD FOR THE GODS MUFFINS (makes 12 muffins)
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup molasses
6 tbsps melted butter
2 tbsps honey
2 large eggs
1 cup walnuts, chopped coarsely
1 cup pitted dates, chopped coarsely
1. In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add brown sugar and mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, combine milk, molasses, butter, honey and eggs. Add to dry ingredients and fold just until moistened. Fold in walnuts and dates.
3. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin liners and divide batter evenly among the cups. Bake in a preheated 375F oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
4. Cool muffins in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.
There you have it. I'll try these out soon and decide if they're for keeps :)